Student Summer Internship Funding
The Momentum Center Student Summer Internship program provides summer stipend support for students to pursue research interests related to childhood obesity. To see a list of previously awarded projects, go here.
2018 applications are due by 5 p.m. on January 26, 2018. Final decisions will be made no later than February 9, 2018.
- 2018 Momentum Center Student Internship Call for Proposals
- 2018 Momentum Center Student Internship Cover Page
- 2018 Momentum Center Student Internship Scoring Grid
Projects can be directly connected to ongoing Momentum Center projects, or can explore new research ideas that are not related to current initiatives, as long as they relate to child obesity.
Goals should be identified and specified with the faculty mentor prior to initiating the project. If the student is already working with the mentor he/she must specify the project that will be conducted with Momentum Center funds beyond the scope of the current work.
- Enrolled University of Michigan undergraduate and graduate students and their identified mentor are eligible to apply. Mentors must be faculty and members of the Momentum Center.
- Students who are graduating in spring of the year the call for proposals is released qualify for the summer internship. Students who graduated in previous terms / years are eligible to apply ONLY if they are ENROLLED in a program for the following fall.
- Priority will be given to students who have not received prior internship funding from the Momentum Center, to projects with co-mentors from different disciplines and to mentors who are actively engaged in the Momentum Center.