Momentum Center Membership
As a cross-disciplinary center, we value involvement from a wide range of experts, including researchers in public health, medicine, architecture, kinesiology, natural resources, psychology, and others.
Membership Benefits for Researchers
- Engagement with a diverse group of investigators from across the campus of the University of Michigan
- Involvement in cross-disciplinary research activities related to childhood obesity, which can lead to new funding and research opportunities
- Participation in workshops and seminars focused on compelling and sometimes controversial issues in obesity research
- Opportunity to connect with other faculty in a variety of fields for training/mentorship
- Eligibility to apply for pilot project funding to support new research to generate preliminary data in support of larger external funding
- Eligibility to apply for summer student internship funding to support childhood obesity research and training
- Access to resources and opportunities offered by the Momentum Center
- Receipt of the monthly member newsletter with announcements about funding, training, events, member publications and childhood obesity news
- Participation in Center leadership opportunities
Membership Criteria and Expectations
Membership to the Momentum Center is available to University of Michigan faculty who meet the following criteria:
- Hold an active University of Michigan faculty appointment;
- Are currently engaged in childhood obesity research, or scaling up to perform such research in the future.
It is expected that members will:
- Commit to participate in Center activities, including:
- Active engagement in bi-monthly member meetings
- Attendance and participation at seminars, discussion groups, workshops and other events
- Willingness to participate in the review of pilot and feasibility proposals, based on expertise
- Include affiliation with the Momentum Center on publications and grant proposals, as well as in interviews, to communicate the value gained from participation.
To be considered for membership, please visit our application page and fill out an application.
Not a Researcher? Get Involved in Other Ways
Researchers aren’t the only ones who can connect with the Momentum Center. If you’re a corporate stakeholder or a representative of a community organization, please get in touch with us. We welcome the opportunity to discuss how we can work together to end childhood obesity.